Re: BUG #4917: NULLs Last as a Global Option - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #4917: NULLs Last as a Global Option
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"MIchael Blake" <michael.blake@webdynamic.com.au> writes:
> Could an option be added to postgresql.conf for default ordering of NULL
> values for different sort orders?

It could be, but whether it will be is an entirely different question.
I think by and large we've discovered that GUC variables that alter the
defined semantics of SQL commands are not such a great idea.  In any
case, you'd have to wait at least a year to solve your problem that
way, so fixing it on the client side is probably a better plan.

            regards, tom lane