Re: New CF app deployment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New CF app deployment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 1:02 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like the ability to add a comment which does not get turned into an
>> email.

> I really don't ;)

> The reason I really don't like that is that this now makes it impossible to
> track the review status by just reading throught he mail thread. You have
> to context-switch back and forth between the app and the archives. We had
> this problem  in the old system every now and then where reviews were
> posted entirely in the old system...

Yeah, people did that sometimes and it sucked.  At the same time I see
Jeff's point: 300-email threads tend to contain a lot of dross.  Could we
address it by allowing only *very short* annotations?  The limiting case
would be 1-bit annotations, ie you could star the important messages in a
thread; but that might be too restrictive.