Re: DBT-3 v1.5 Q19 (Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DBT-3 v1.5 Q19 (Re: Proposed Query Planner TODO items)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Just for quick note, it seems query 19 takes forever. Have you
>> successfully run Q19?

> Here is the more detailed info. The query was not finished within 3
> days and was canceled on a Dual Xeon 2.8GHz with 2.5GB RAM running
> Linux. PostgreSQL is 7.4.5 with default postgresql.conf.

7.4's planner is not able to do anything useful with the complicated
WHERE clause in Q19.  I believe I've improved that situation for 8.0.
A really slick solution will probably have to await the appearance of
bitmap indexes, though.