Re: Feature: give pg_dump a WHERE clause expression - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Feature: give pg_dump a WHERE clause expression
Date
List pgsql-patches
Davy Durham <pubaddr5@davyandbeth.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 22:19 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> or so.  I suppose it might be interesting to consider an 'insert-format'
>> output for COPY, which pg_dump could possibly be refactored to use when
>> requested.

> And sure.. pg_dump could then be simplified a bit by using this.

Not really.  pg_dump has to support old server versions, so you won't
get any meaningful simplification by moving functionality out of pg_dump
into the backend; at least not before you've forgotten having made the
change :-(

            regards, tom lane