Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 12:52:23PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> What's the point of randomly reviving threads from 6 years ago, without any
>> further analysis?

> Well, I feel like this is an imporant change, and got dropped because it
> was determined to not be a new change in Postgres 10.  Still I think it
> should be addressed and am looking to see if others feel the same.

You're expecting people to re-research something that dropped off the
radar years ago, probably because it wasn't sufficiently interesting
at the time.  If the point hasn't been raised again since then,
I'd guess it's not any more interesting now.  Most of us have better
things to do than go re-read old threads --- and dredging them up
ten at a time is not improving the odds that people will care to look.