Re: switch for disabling ecpg & pgeasy - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: switch for disabling ecpg & pgeasy
Date
List pgsql-patches
Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> * configure switches for disabling ECPG and libpgeasy
>   compile, as they are not used always

Why bother?  They don't take long to compile, and if we make them
optional they'll just get less testing coverage.  (Admittedly,
finding out whether something compiles doesn't prove it will work,
but it's a lot better than no testing at all.)

More to the point, if we start making bits and pieces optionally
compiled "just because", we will soon have a list of configure options
so long that you can't find the important stuff.  I think we should keep
the configure options to the minimum.

            regards, tom lane