Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix document bug regarding read only transactions. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix document bug regarding read only transactions.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>> I think the correct fix would have been to change "update sequences"
>> to "update temporary sequences", not to remove it.

> Not sure. The paragraph tries to explain the difference between read
> only transactions and standby.

Right, but what I think it is comparing is a read-only transaction
on the master and a transaction on the standby.  The former can do
nextval() on temp sequences, the latter can't.

            regards, tom lane