Re: Commands/ directory reorganisation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commands/ directory reorganisation
Date
Re: Commands/ directory reorganisation  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
John Gray <jgray@azuli.co.uk> writes:
> Patch attached in line with my previous statement on -hackers about
> reorganisation of files in the commands directory. (Note that define.c
> has been kept, holding some of the common support code for define
> routines.)

This patch looks reasonable to me, with one significant gripe and a
couple of minor ones.

The significant gripe is that I don't think domaincmds.c should exist;
domains are not really different from types and so I think their
commands should be in typecmds.c.  Splitting into two files doesn't do
much except eliminate the possibility of sharing code via "static"
subroutines.

I have one or two trivial coding-style issues too, like not wanting to
see "extern" on routine definitions.

If no one has any other objections, I'll fix the things that are
bothering me and check it in.

            regards, tom lane