Re: snapshot generation broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: snapshot generation broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I think this should be working now. I made this change to mk-snapshot,
>> and a similar one to mk-stable_snapshot. I have run the snapshot
>> generation for master, and the one for 8.4 should finish in a
>> minute or so. I have disabled the cronjobs until someone else has
>> verified the tarballs.

Do you still need someone to do that, and what do you want done exactly?

>> When I do, I'll also enable generation of snapshots of REL9_0_STABLE.
>> We currently do back to 8.2 - should we keep that, or drop 8.2?

> hmm I would say we should do all supported branches because those are
> the ones that people might be interested in when looking for a fix on a
> branch...

FWIW, I think back to 8.2 is sufficient.  The branches earlier than that
are going to be unsupported in a matter of weeks anyway.  And if no one
has complained about the lack of nightly tarballs for them to date,
it's unlikely that they'll start complaining now.