Re: more i18n/l10n issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: more i18n/l10n issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> And maybe show the descriptions in pg_settings too?

There was discussion of doing that, but it didn't get done in time
(and it's too late now for 7.4 unless you want an initdb).  I wouldn't
mind putting it on TODO for 7.5.

I think the SHOW ALL output should be kept to one line per variable,
which'd preclude adding "long" descriptions, but we could think about
adding the "short" ones.  (I have no similar worry about pg_settings
because one can easily choose which columns one looks at.)