Re: segmentation fault postgres 9.3.5 core dump perlu related ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: segmentation fault postgres 9.3.5 core dump perlu related ?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Day, David" <dday@redcom.com> writes:
> It is very likely that the date of the core was 'touched' to make the rebuilt
> Postgres binary with symbols play nice with gdb.
> Apparently, that was not a great idea based on your comments.

Oh, so you rebuilt with debug enabled and then retrospectively tried to
use that executable with a core file from a previous executable?  Yeah,
I'm unsurprised that that didn't work :-( ... perhaps it would in an
ideal world, but it's unreliable in the real world.  Make sure you have
the debug-enabled build installed as the running server so the next
corefile can be examined meaningfully.

            regards, tom lane