Re: Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8
Date
List pgsql-performance
"http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/BUG-6331-Cross-compile-error-aborts-Works-if-disable-spinlock-is-used-td5068738.html"
> Mentioned that by using -disable-spinlocks, we can overcome the error at the cost of performance. I did the same and
itcompiled successfully.
> But the INSTALL guide in Postgres source code mentioned that I should inform the Postgres community in case I am
forcedto use -disable spinlocks to let the code compile.
> Hence this email. So please suggest me what I should do now.

Try this patch:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=068e08eebbb2204f525647daad3fe15063b77820

BTW, please don't cross-post to multiple PG mailing lists; there's very
seldom a good reason to do that.

            regards, tom lane