Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd still like to know exactly how hard the concrete has set on the
>> SQL spec draft, first.  (Peter?)

> I don't know, but based on the fact it matches Oracle, I think it is
> pretty well set by now.

Eh?  The SQL committee has a very long track record of blowing off
any and all Oracle syntaxes.  If we can point to good reasons to adjust
their syntax, they might still listen.  Or at least I'd like to hear
the opinion of our man on the ground before assuming they won't.