Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC type conversions leave much to be desired - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] NUMERIC type conversions leave much to be desired
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> With fairly current sources:
> <snip>
>> ERROR:  overflow on numeric ABS(value) >= 10^1
>> for field with precision 31491 scale 52068

> fwiw, I've seen the same internal problems, and managed to fix them
> with a full clean and reinstall. I'm probably a week old on my tree
> vintage...

Good thought but no cigar ... I did a full fresh CVS checkout, configure,
make, install & initdb from scratch, and it still behaves the same.
Possibly it's been broken sometime in the last week? utils/adt/numeric.c
looks to have been last committed on 4 May.