Re: Connecting to Postgres using Windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Weaver
Subject Re: Connecting to Postgres using Windows 7
Date
List pgsql-general

Is this your actual connection string?  If your using a DSN does it
specify the Server Name and Port where PostgreSQL is listening?

See: http://www.connectionstrings.com/postgre-sql

>             cCon.Open()
>             MsgBox("O.K.", vbInformation, "Connection Message")
>             Exit Sub
>     EH:
>             MsgBox(Err.Description, vbCritical, "Error Message")
>         End Sub

>         Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
>As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
>             cCon = New ADODB.Connection
>         End Sub
>     End Class

>When I try to connect, all I get is a "Server does not exist or access
>is denied" error.  I've tried configuring ODBC using odbcad32.exe as it
>seems that is necessary on a 64 bit OS, but I'm not sure if that even
>the right way to go.

You may need to install the psqlODBC 64 bit driver if you trying to connect
from a 64 bit machine.