Re: Buildfarm issues on specific machines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Buildfarm issues on specific machines
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Pete St. Onge" <pete@economics.utoronto.ca> writes:
> Perhaps this will help in the diagnosis of why REL7_2_STABLE fails on
> arbor (aka caribou). Please let me know if there is anything I can try
> on this side, or if there is any other info you could use.

> pete@arbor:~$ flex -V
> flex 2.5.31

Ah.  PG 7.2's configure script thinks this version of flex is "too old"
to use, and so ignores it.  It's actually too new --- 2.5.4 is the only
flex version safe to use with older PG releases.  I recall that we have
seen some apparent bugs in 2.5.31; I don't recall at the moment whether
we've worked around all the issues as of recent releases, but we surely
had not as of 7.2.

The short answer is that you should install flex 2.5.4, or else forget
about testing the 7.2 branch.  I don't think anyone will be very
interested in making 7.2 work with flex 2.5.31.