Re: very high CPU usage in "top", but not in "mpstat" - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: very high CPU usage in "top", but not in "mpstat"
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Cyrille Bonnet" <cyrille@3months.com> writes:
> Should I be worried that Postgres is eating up 99% of my CPU??? Or is this
> *expected* behaviour?

It's not expected, unless you are running some very long-running query.

The conflict between what top says and what mpstat says is strange; I
wonder if you might have a buggy version of one of them?  You should
probably check some other tools (try "vmstat 1" for instance) to see if
you can get a consensus on whether the CPU is maxed out or not ...

            regards, tom lane