Re: [GENERAL] Problems building pg 8.1.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Problems building pg 8.1.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
mordicus <mordicus@free.fr> writes:
> Le Vendredi 6 Janvier 2006 16:31, Tom Lane a écrit :
>>> ./configure --enable-thread-safety
>>> conftest.c:140:44: error: ./src/tools/thread/thread_test.c: No such file
>>> or directory
>>
>> Hmm, it works fine for me.  Is that file actually present in your source
>> tree?

> No and that's my fault, I have dowloaded postgresql-base-8.1.1.tar.bz2 in
> place of postgresql-8.1.1.tar.bz2 and then, tar xjvf <TAB> without really
> looking the file or directory name...

I see.  This is actually a packaging bug then: thread_test.c ought to be
part of the -base split, not the -opt split, because -opt is
specifically stated not to be required to build the base package.

Probably the easiest way to handle that is to move src/tools/thread/
someplace else in the directory tree, because the rest of src/tools/
doesn't seem to belong in -base.

            regards, tom lane