Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 5/3/18 15:37, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I took a quick look into this.  It's very easy to do so far as the Perl
>> code is concerned:

> I think in order to introduce warts like that, we have to have really
> great savings.  I haven't seen any actual analysis what the current
> problem is, other than one person expression a suspicion.

Well, the work's already done, and personally I think the code is
cleaner after 9bf28f96c and bad51a49a regardless of whether there's any
performance benefit.  You could call 1f1cd9b5d a wart if you wanted.
But we've done largely the same thing to pgindent, for one, in the past
year or so, and I find that to be a usability improvement, independently
of whether there's any build performance win.  My editor gets cranky
when files change under it for no reason.