Re: Access rights for tablespaces, phpPgAdmin versus PgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Access rights for tablespaces, phpPgAdmin versus PgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-novice
Kenneth Porter <shiva@sewingwitch.com> writes:
> I then proceeded to create a new database in which to copy existing tables
> from another (Windows-based) application. (I plan to use the ODBC
> connector.) (As I type this, I just tried this with phpPgAdmin and it
> worked. I'll continue, though....) PgAdmin refuses to let me create the new
> DB, telling me "permission denied for tablespace pg_default".

Are you trying to explicitly specify the tablespace?  If you just let it
default, it should work --- but if you name a tablespace you need CREATE
permission on that tablespace, even if it happens to be the same one
that would be the default choice.

If PgAdmin is trying to specify a tablespace even when you didn't ask
it to, that'd be a bug in PgAdmin IMHO.

            regards, tom lane