Re: Query related to Linux Upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query related to Linux Upgrade
Date
List pgsql-admin
Bireshwar Das <das.bireshwar@gmail.com> writes:
> We are now working with Postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.3.14 in the RedHat Linux 6
> environment.Now we have an upgrade planned for the Linux environment to
> RHEL7. So I wanted to know whether current Postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.3.14 is
> compatible with RHEL7 also. If not, can you please share with us a common
> Postgres version which is compatible with both RHEL6 & RHEL7 environments?

9.3.14 is not "current".  The last minor release in the 9.3 branch was
9.3.25.  More to the point, the 9.3 branch has been out of support for
nearly 3 years.  You are upgrading your OS because it is out of support;
you need to do the same for your database.

I concur with David's nearby suggestion that the PG v12 branch might be
a suitable migration target for you.  12.7 is current, although 12.8
is due out next week.

            regards, tom lane