Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dumpall.c - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dumpall.c
Date
List pgsql-committers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> But until we have that, perhaps it would be a good idea to add corner
> cases like these to the normal regression tests (as it's easy to test
> pg_dump by running 'make installcheck', then dumping and reloading the
> regression DB).

It's only recently that that actually worked ... 7.3 I think :-(.
But yeah, regression tests for pg_dump would be a fine idea.

I seem to recall the Great Bridge folks had done some work towards that
(but it's probably unrecoverable now, so never mind...)

            regards, tom lane