Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on SlashDot - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 on SlashDot
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
>> Vince, the docs were finalized when the release came out.  Whatever was in
>> the release tarball is the final documentation.

> That's what I incorrectly assumed when 7.1 came out.  What was released
> still needed some cleanup.  So until I know for a fact that the docs are
> in good enough shape to be put on the website, they're not put there.

That seems overly strict.  Why not put up what you have ASAP?  If they
need to be updated later, then replace 'em ... but better to have
not-quite-final docs than no docs.

Or at least put up a link to the development docs saying not-quite-final
docs can be found _over_here_.  The problem isn't that there are no docs
available, it's that there's no link in the place that non-developers
would expect to look.