Re: Incomplete pg_dump operation - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Incomplete pg_dump operation
Date
List pgsql-novice
peter@vfemail.net writes:
> At 11:29 AM 2/7/2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Do you get anything from "select * from pg_class where oid = 2196359751;" ?

> Yes.  The:
>      select * from pg_class where oid = 2196359751;
> command returns [ nothing ]

OK, well that explains why it can't open such a relation ;-).  The next
question is why is it trying to.  My first guess is that there is a
dangling link in pg_index, ie you once had an index with such an OID
but something happened to it.  Please try

    select * from pg_index where indexrelid = 2196359751;

and if that gets a hit, then select the pg_class row with the OID
shown as indrelid.

            regards, tom lane