Re: why two dashes in extension load files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: why two dashes in extension load files
Date
Re: why two dashes in extension load files  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Are we deparsing the names of the SQL files to infer the set of
> version numbers we have to worry about?  It seems to me that if
> there's a list of known version numbers somewhere, we can use dash as
> the separator without any special restricton.

The list of known version numbers is inferred from the available files,
not vice versa.  IMO that's a feature not a bug.  A manually maintained
list would just be one more thing to forget to update.