Re: Mammoth in Core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Mammoth in Core?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> O.k. I know there is no way we will hit this for 8.5. So this is more of
> a future discussion more than anything.

Well, this is not really the time to be having such a discussion; right
now we need to all have our noses to the grindstone dealing with the
already-submitted 8.5 features.  The start of the next devel cycle would
be a more appropriate time to think about it.

(Personally, I suspect we're going to have our hands full dealing with
HS+SR for quite some time to come, which implies we should not scatter
our energies across multiple replication solutions.  But that will be
clearer in a few months when we see what emerges from beta.)