Re: Enabling Checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Enabling Checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Regarding checksums, I can add an option for the initdb that the
> buildfarm script runs. We already run different tests for different
> encodings. Of course, constant expanding like this won't scale, so we
> need to pick the options we want to exrecise carefully.

I thought the whole point of the buildfarm was to provide a scalable way
of exercising different combinations of options that individual
developers couldn't practically test.  We might need a little more
coordination among buildfarm owners to ensure we get full coverage,
of course.