Re: initdb fails on Centos 5.4 x64 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb fails on Centos 5.4 x64
Date
List pgsql-general
valentin.hocher@kabelbw.de (Valentin Hocher) writes:
> creating conversions ... FATAL:  could not load library "/usr/lib64/pgsql/utf8_and_shift_jis_2004.so":
/usr/lib64/pgsql/utf8_and_shift_jis_2004.so:failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot allocate memory

FWIW, I tried to duplicate this on a RHEL5-U4 installation, without success:
initdb runs fine for me.  I assume you're using the RPMs from
http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.4/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64/
?  If so, it seems like this must be some problem in CentOS' version of
the distro.  What I find installed on Red Hat's machine is
    kernel-2.6.18-164.el5
    glibc-2.5-42
(and a boatload of other stuff of course, but those seem like the
packages most likely to be involved).  Maybe CentOS 5.4 is a bit
different?

            regards, tom lane