Re: Question re privileges on extensions - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Question re privileges on extensions
Date
List pgsql-admin
William Wagman <szwagman@ad3.ucdavis.edu> writes:
> The OEM plug-in sees everything but the sql information and the console
> displays a message indicating "pg_stat_statements status unknown, ensure
> data collection has occurred." I suspect that privileges on the
> pg_stat_statements extension is the issue.

There aren't really privileges associated with extensions.  My first
guess is that you created the extension in a different database than
the one the plug-in client is connecting to.

If you're not clear on what exactly the plug-in is doing, you could
try cranking log_statement up to "all" so that you can see its activity in
the postmaster log.  That might help diagnose what's going wrong.

            regards, tom lane