Re: _USE_32BIT_TIME_T Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: _USE_32BIT_TIME_T Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm not  sure what we need to do to progress on this, especially re the
> back branches.

The calendar might help us here.  9.2 is due to wrap next week, but it
will likely be a couple of months before we contemplate new back-branch
releases.  So we could push a fix that we don't have 100% confidence in,
knowing that there is time to recover before it will ship in any of the
proven branches.  Releasing it in 9.2.0 will afford an opportunity for
more testing than we can do by ourselves.

That's not to take anything away from the fact that we ought to test as
many cases as we can now.  But we do have some margin for error.