Re: polite request about syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: polite request about syntax
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Ricardo Malafaia" <rmalafaia@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry, but "datetime" vs "timestamp with time zone"?!  And what about
> the whole function text between $$'s?  Yes, better than the '' of some
> time ago, since we don't have to put string literals in the function
> text between '''''s! still...

"timestamp with time zone" is required by the SQL standard.  If you'd
like to use "datetime" as an alias for it, a quick CREATE DOMAIN will do
that for you.  As for the $$ bit, do you have a constructive suggestion?

> Why are open-source developers so masochist?

You seem to be confusing a database with a point-and-drool GUI.  We have
those too (see pgAdmin for instance, or three or four others), but raw
psql is not designed to make Windows users happy.