Re: Extending opfamilies for GIN indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Extending opfamilies for GIN indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> AFAICS that means integrating contrib/intarray into core. �Independently
>> of whether that's a good idea or not, PG is supposed to be an extensible
>> system, so it would be nice to have a solution that supported add-on
>> extensions.

> Yeah, I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort, especially in view
> of a rather large patch queue we seem to have outstanding at the
> moment.

Oh, maybe we're not on the same page here: I wasn't really proposing
to do this right now, it's more of a TODO item.

Offhand the only reason to do it now would be if we settled on something
that required a layout change in pg_amop/pg_amproc.  Since we already
have one such change in 9.1, getting the additional change done in the
same release would be valuable to reduce the number of distinct cases
for pg_dump and other clients to support.