Re: BUG #17382: When vacuum full or vacuumdb - F is executed, a large number of empty files will be generated in the - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17382: When vacuum full or vacuumdb - F is executed, a large number of empty files will be generated in the
Date
In response to BUG #17382: When vacuum full or vacuumdb - F is executed, a large number of empty files will be generated in the  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
> When vacuum full or vacuumdb - F is executed, a large number of empty files
> will be generated in the database. These files have never been deleted.
> Each execution of vacuum full or vacuudb - F will produce a large number of
> empty files.These empty files will not be deleted until the database is
> restarted.
> Is this a bug?

It might be if you could tell us how to reproduce it --- I see no
such behavior here.

In general, PG uses numerically-named files for table contents,
but they should always appear in subdirectories of $PGDATA, never
in the directory's top level.  So I have no idea what those are
or what put them there.  Perhaps you are using some unusual
extension or custom C code that creates them?

            regards, tom lane