Re: Psql regex is NFA or DFA? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Psql regex is NFA or DFA?
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> writes:
> Tom Lane dijo:
>> Friedl seems to think that the current Tcl regex engine (Henry's new
>> code) is the most advanced thing on the planet.

> Oh, so the TODO item "replace with newer code" is not just vaporware?
> Well, I won't try to compete with Spencer's code in that case.

The code is certainly not vaporware: Tcl's been using it for awhile.
But the code in a Tcl-independent package that we could easily use
is a different story.  Perhaps you could offer Henry some help in
making it into a clean library package ...

            regards, tom lane