Re: pgsql: Add parallel-aware hash joins. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add parallel-aware hash joins.
Date
List pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> Anyway, it looks like we should write off these longfin timings as
> ambient noise :-(

Here's a possibly more useful graph of regression test timings over
the last year.  I pulled this from the buildfarm database: it is the
reported runtime for the "installcheck-C" step in each successful
build of HEAD on dromedary, going back to Jan. 2017.  I picked dromedary
because I know that that machine hasn't gotten any software updates
nor is there anything else very interesting going on on it.  I dropped
three or four obvious outlier reports (possibly those ran during the
machine's nightly backup cron job).  The reported runtime is only
precise to 1s, and a couple seconds jitter is hardly surprising, so
there's a good deal of noise.  Still, it's possible to discern when
I put some effort into test runtime reduction back in April, and
it can be seen that things have gotten notably slower since the
beginning of November.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment