Re: Re: [hackers-jp: 219] Re: postgresql-8.1.4文字セットサポート - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [hackers-jp: 219] Re: postgresql-8.1.4文字セットサポート
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> writes:
>> Just to confirm, it does look like there's a discrepancy between what
>> is in the documentation and the actual behavior of the server. The
>> documentation indicates that SJIS is a valid server encoding:

> This is a documentation error --- SJIS is certainly not a valid server
> encoding (it's not 8-bit-safe).  Will fix --- thanks for pointing it out.

Actually, table 21-2 does say that SJIS isn't supported as a server
encoding, but the text at the top of the page (before table 21-1) is
pretty misleading --- it implies that every character set we have
is allowed as a server-side encoding.  I'm going to change that text,
and also add a column to table 21-1 marking the supported server
encodings.