Trying to find a low-cost program for Data migration and ETL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rstat
Subject Trying to find a low-cost program for Data migration and ETL
Date
Re: Trying to find a low-cost program for Data migration and ETL
List pgsql-general

Hi, Im building a database for my company. We are a rather small size book
company with a lot of references and still growing.

We have a Mysql database here and are trying to find some good tools to use
it at its best. Basically we are just starting up the database after dealing
with Excel: we had a size problem… So im trying to find a program that will
allow us to do two different things: the migration of our data from the old
system to the new one and a specialized software to perform ETL (Extract,
transform and load) on our database.

About the price of the tools, if we were one year ago, the accounting
department would have been pretty relaxed about this. But today, we have
some budget restrictions and therefore need a low cost tool. So could you
give me some advice on a good data migration and etl tool for a low cost?

Thanks for your help.