Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:
> On 3/5/18 5:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:
>>> I'm not sure what the protocol for introducing a new Perl module is?  I
>>> couldn't find packages for the major OSes.  Are we OK with using CPAN?

>> I don't think that's cool.  Anything that's not part of a standard Perl
>> installation is a bit of a lift already, and if it's not packaged by
>> major distros then it's really a problem for many people.  (Yeah, they
>> may know what CPAN is, but they might have local policy issues about
>> installing directly from there.)

> It's a little different here, because these packages are only used for
> testing/development.

True, but if we want this test to be part of either check-world or the
buildfarm run, that's still a lot of people we're asking to install
the extra module.  If we're talking about saving just a few dozen
lines of code, it ain't worth it.