Re: NOTICE: DateStyle is Postgres with Eropean convention - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NOTICE: DateStyle is Postgres with Eropean convention
Date
List pgsql-general
Marcos Lloret <marcos@second.ival.es> writes:
>     i have restart postgresql with

>             postmaster -i -o -e &

>     and every time the servlets (via web) are accesing to posgres
> database it shows, in the shell, this:

>             NOTICE:  DateStyle is Postgres with European conventions

As Thomas pointed out, NOTICE traffic on the postmaster log is pretty
common (just try a vacuum or an explain verbose if you want to see a
lot more...).  I think your mistake is in not redirecting the
postmaster's log output somewhere else than your terminal.  See for
example http://www.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/postmaster.htm

            regards, tom lane