Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Anyway, I have no idea where the idea that recommending time
> synchronization is a somehow a "high end" requirement,

Considering that clock skew was only one of several scenarios in which
the max_standby_delay code misbehaves, it's not that important whether
you consider it highly probable or not.  The code still needs a
redesign, and we may as well eliminate the assumption of tight
synchronization while we are at it.  There's no really good reason to
have that requirement in there.