Re: Large pgstat.stat file causes I/O storm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Large pgstat.stat file causes I/O storm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Cristian Gafton <gafton@rpath.com> writes:
> Autovacuum is disabled, since the database is mostly read only. There is a
> "vacuumdb -a -z" running nightly on the box. However, the application that
> queries it does a lot of work with temporary tables - would those bloat
> the stats at all?

Conceivably, if you mean a lot of short-lived tables rather than a lot
of operations on a few tables.  However, I'd think that would result in
a steady accumulation of stats entries, not a sudden jump as you seemed
to describe.