Re: performance of loading CSV data with COPY is 50 times faster thanPerl::DBI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Krishna
Subject Re: performance of loading CSV data with COPY is 50 times faster thanPerl::DBI
Date
List pgsql-general

> "already suffering from a complex of coding in an unreadable language"
>
> hearsay and conjecture

I was somewhat facetious. But what finished perl was the reputation it earned that it is a write only
language.  I don't think that reputation it earned is without merit.

IMO the early adopters of perl  were sysadmins and other non programmers who didn't do a stellar
job in writing a highly readable code.  To make it worse, perl folks take it as a badge of honor to
write their code in most obfuscated manner.  They even get some recognition for that.