Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Neil Conway wrote:
>>> Was this publicly discussed anywhere?
>>
>> Oh, about 6 months ago or so ... we'd just been waiting for 7.4 to be
>> released before doing the move ...

> Can you point out where that might have been?

According to my archives, Marc has been wanting to do this for nigh two
years:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-02/msg00030.php
He got a lot of pushback at the time, but this past summer it was
finally agreed to do it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-06/msg00112.php
only not during the 7.4 beta cycle.  That's done, we finally got the
gborg project set up for JDBC, it's time to get on with it.

            regards, tom lane