Re: Clock-skew management in logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Clock-skew management in logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nisha Moond <nisha.moond412@gmail.com> writes:
> While considering the implementation of timestamp-based conflict
> resolution (last_update_wins) in logical replication (see [1]), there
> was a feedback at [2] and the discussion on whether or not to manage
> clock-skew at database level.

FWIW, I cannot see why we would do anything beyond suggesting that
people run NTP.  That's standard anyway on the vast majority of
machines these days.  Why would we add complexity that we have
to maintain (and document) in order to cater to somebody not doing
that?