Re: syslogger line-end processing infelicity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: syslogger line-end processing infelicity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have been looking at the syslogger code in connection with the CSV log
> output proposal, and I'm quite concerned about the way it translates
> every \n into \r\n for Windows output.
> My second thought is that we should quite possibly abandon this
> translation altogether

+1 on that.  The problem of ensuring atomic output remains though
(see nearby complaints from George Pavlov and others).  It's bad enough
in the existing logging context, but if we're hoping to make
easily-machine-readable logs it's a "must fix".