Re: FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FW: PostgreSQL (real and effective user ids must match) error
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Nuno Souto" <forum@lostlink.net> writes:
> I can't seem to figure out what to do, whenever I try to start rhdb service
> I get:

> Starting postgresql service: /usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user
> ids must match
> postmaster successfully started
> [ FAILED ]

This suggests a problem with the script that's launching the postmaster,
but you have not given us any information about what that script is.
For starters, what's the platform exactly, what's the postgres version
exactly, and how did you install it (from source?  from RPM --- if so,
whose, and which version?)

            regards, tom lane