Re: bytea operator bugs (was Re: [GENERAL] BYTEA, - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvar Freude
Subject Re: bytea operator bugs (was Re: [GENERAL] BYTEA,
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

-- Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> The attached patch re-enables a bytea right hand argument (as compared
> to a text right hand argument), and enables index usage, for bytea LIKE
> -- e.g.:
>

> parts=# explain select * from bombytea where parent_part like '05-05%';

With this, the limits in Bytea indexes are removed? Great!

As far is I followed the discussion, there where some additionsl limits
on bytea indexes (and like); or are they removed with this patch?

I'll try it sometime later and make some performance checks -- in the
hopem that bytea is faster then texts ;-) (at least the base 255 encoding
i can throw out of my application).

Thanks && Ciao

  Alvar

--