Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fsync-pgdata-on-recovery tries to write to more files than previously
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-05-25 14:14:10 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>>> Additionally we could attempt to fsync with a readonly fd before trying
>>> the read-write fd...

>> Not really sure I see that as helping.

> On most OSs, except windows and some obscure unixes, a readonly fd is
> allowed to fsync a file.

Perhaps, but if we didn't have permission to write the file, it's hard to
argue that it's our responsibility to fsync it.  So this seems like it's
adding complexity without really adding any safety.