Re: Cygwin 7.1RC2 timestamp Regression Test Failures - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cygwin 7.1RC2 timestamp Regression Test Failures
Date
List pgsql-ports
Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> writes:
> While running the regression tests to investigate other issues, I noticed
> a repeated failure that I had not seen before 7.1RC2.  The timestamp
> test now always fails.  See attached for details.

See
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/regress.html#AEN14359

Specifically:

: Some of the queries in the "timestamp" test will fail if you run the
: test on the day of a daylight-savings time changeover, or the day before
: or after one. These queries assume that the intervals between midnight
: yesterday, midnight today and midnight tomorrow are exactly twenty-four
: hours -- which is wrong if daylight-savings time went into or out of
: effect meanwhile.

            regards, tom lane