Re: Commit fest queue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commit fest queue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What would move us in the direction of this mythical "patch tracker" would be
> if we knew exactly what our workflow was. Once we know what our workflow is
> then we could pick a tool which enforces that workflow.

Well, I don't think we want or need an "enforced" workflow.  What we
need is just a list of pending patches so that nothing falls through the
cracks.  As you say, most of the work is in recognizing which emails
deserve to be entered into the list, and that's not subject to
automation (not in this decade anyway).